Sunday, May 9, 2010

Breeding European GoldFinchs Carduelis

Although I've always had a few goldfinches at my house ... I never thought I could be the ram. Through the Internet and knowing people care about this bird, I learned that it is a myth that the goldfinch is not mate in the cage! So with the help of friends began to gather my couples.
After two years, keeping me has nothing to do with what I had started to do it.
youngs 2006

youngs 2006
The first year I had a major failure. Many wild birds, many small cages, many changes in my couples ... The result? A BIG NOTHING!
The second season started more correctly. I asked farmers, I made visits to farms, and thus managed to get out of my first karderinakia.

The keeping me consisted of:

6 pairs of goldfinches and mutant
5 from Greek. ancestrals

There began my love for mutations. I took 15 young from that one day before you go on holiday I missed the 6! while it was already 1.5 to 2 months. Throughout this year after they impressed with the mutant goldfinches started to make friendships with breeders from abroad and more than Belgium, which indeed I did and I went to buy birds for me and some friends of farmers.

The second year I moved into a new house and although my birds stressaristikan enough, we saw about 30-35 of the young but not katafaran live only 4 of the heat that was dommatio, which lasted for 4-5 days on 45 degrees Celsius ...

Hoping that we'll have solved all the problems of space I've got birds in my breeding I have almost all mutations goldfinches. I have agate, Brown, Isabel, Sattine, Eoumo, Yellow (And in combination with others such as Isabel Yellow, Yellow Sattine, Yellow and Yellow Eoumo agate) and of course Asprokefales a primitive phenotype and Asprokefales Sattine, agate, Eoumo.

In my possession a total of 18 pairs of goldfinches that most are Sivirias and Greek which over time will try to pass the mutations in our goldfinch, which for me is the very best! This is something I will try some farmers together, and although it will take us a few years .. We will try with a lot of patience ...

No comments:

Post a Comment